https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/PanSearedSteak-e1462903248117.jpg 598 1040 info https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/KAMP-RITE_LOGO-e1396507075207.png info2016-05-10 11:01:222016-05-10 11:01:22Campsite Recipe: Pan-Seared New York Steak & Mushrooms
What You’ll Need:
- 2 boneless New York strip steaks (each 12 to 16 oz.)
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus a handful of thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup salted butter
Hot to Make It:
- Clean mushrooms in bowl of water, then trim any tough stem ends. Cut into halves, or quarter if large. Set aside.
- Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle steaks all over with 2 tsp. thyme leaves and half of salt-and-pepper mixture, pressing seasonings into meat.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large cast-iron skillet on a camp stove over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, thyme sprigs, and remaining salt mixture. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and browned (between 14 to 20 minutes). Transfer mushrooms and thyme to a bowl and tent with foil.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks on both sides, turning once, until browned and done the way you like (cut to test), 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and tent with foil.
- Discard fat from pan. Pour wine into pan and cook until reduced to 2 to 3 tbsp., about 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in butter until melted and blended. Cut steaks in half and set on plates. Drizzle with sauce and serve with mushrooms.