Bring a southwestern flare to your camping trip with this creamy chicken and tomato casserole that’s quick and easy to make. All you need is a dutch oven—a large, heavy cooking pot with a lid—and a heat source to make this tasty campsite crowd pleaser.
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (8 oz.) diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inch), each cut into 6 triangular wedges
- 1 tbs. sliced green onions for garnish
How to Make It:
- Lightly oil or spray your dutch oven before use.
- Combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, both soups, mushroom soup, broth, undrained tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder and the 3/4 cup green onions in a large bowl.
- Mix tortilla wedges into chicken mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared dutch oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees (use about 10 coals in a ring around the bottom of the dutch oven and 20 on top) for 30 minutes or until bubbling and hot.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with 1 tbs. green onions.