We love this Mexican Street corn recipe for camping anywhere, but find it fitting for Big Bend National Park due to its close proximity to Mexico. Even better – this recipe is vegetarian and gluten free. We can smell the camp-fire and taste the sweet, salty and tangy corn already!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, Fresh
- 6 Ears Corn
- 2 Limes juiced, fresh
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 1 Chili powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated is great
- 2 cups Sour cream
How to Make it:
- Husk the corn, but if you don’t have those handy little corn ends with you while you’re camping, leave the ends on so you have something to grab while enjoying the corn.
- Grill the corn over the campfire until it starts to get slightly charred, turning every few minutes to avoid burning it.
- While the corn is cooking, mix the mayo, sour cream and cilantro.
- Take the corn off the fire and generously slather it in the mayo mixture.
- Let the ears cool for a few minutes, then sprinkle with lime juice, generously sprinkle with Parmesan, and then finish off with the chili powder.