https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-20-at-9.36.51-AM.png 489 767 admin https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/KAMP-RITE_LOGO-e1396507075207.png admin2016-09-26 13:18:312016-09-26 15:34:11Kampsite Recipe: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- one large loaf of French or sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup garlic butter (make your own by mixing garlic powder and butter)
- 2 cups cooked, sliced onion and pepper (it might be easier to slice and cook these vegetables prior to your camping trip and storing them in a Kamp-Rite Kooler)
- 600g sliced roast beef
- 500g provolone or Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Aluminum foil
- Start by setting up ingredients on the EZ Prep Table and begin cutting slices into the bread about 1.5 inches apart. Be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom.
- Spread butter on the insides of each slice.
- Drop a large spoonful of the pepper mixture into each slice.
- Layer with roast beef and cheese by once again placing it into each slice.
- Top each slice with extra cheese.
- Spray the inside of the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray so that the cheese doesn’t get messy in the foil packet you are about to make.
- Wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil (make sure the whole sandwich is wrapped—this may require you to use two layers to reach all the way around the sandwich).
- Place the package near the hot coals of a fire, but not directly in the fire.
- You want to heat the sandwich all the way through so that the cheese all melts. This can take up to thirty minutes, depending on how hot the coals are.
- Pull up your Kwik Set Benches to the table and enjoy with the whole family!
Thank you to Twin Dragonfly Designs for the recipe idea!