3 tbs of butter
15 medium potatoes, sliced thin (with or without skins)
1 lb of bacon
2 medium onions sliced
4 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1 can of any kind of liquid (can of beer, soda or mushroom soup)
Salt, pepper or your favorite seasoning for taste
- Start by unfolding your EZ Prep Table with Insulated Bagand begin to cut your bacon into one-inch pieces.
- Fry the bacon in the Dutch oven until crisp. Feel free to use over a flame or on a cooktop stove (make sure it fits perfectly atop our Kwik Pantry with Cook Table if you’re using one).
- Remove bacon from the Dutch oven but leave the grease.
- Layer potatoes, onions, cheese, bacon and spices then dot with butter.
- Keep repeating layers until the Dutch oven is full.
- Pour the liquid of your choice over the top.
- Cover and cook for 35-45 minutes.
- Check often because you might need to add more moisture.
- When the potatoes have cooked fully through, sprinkle another layer of cheddar cheese. Cover and let cheese melt.
- Serve up the dish to some happy campers!
Thank you to Camp Chef for the awesome recipe.