- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 oz prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Light yourself a fire! Bring water to a bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Stir Alfredo sauce into the cooked pasta with the three cheeses and enough milk to keep things loose (this is so your mac and cheese doesn’t dry out while it’s staying cool). Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray aluminum pie tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide between four mini aluminum pie tins (or one big one).
- Spray one side of aluminum foil with more nonstick cooking spray and cover each individual mac and cheese portion, sprayed side down, facing the food. Seal well.
- Store in a large plastic food storage bag in a kooler until ready to cook.
- Let the fire burn down to the coals. Place a cooking rack over top that would be 2-3 inches above. Place each pie tin over the hot coals and cook 8-10 minutes or until hot. Remove from fire and serve immediately.
Thank you, http://www.laurenslatest.com/camping-mac-n-cheese/ for these tips and recipe idea.