Hitting the great outdoors can sometimes mean munching down on a lot of unhealthy snack bars, but it doesn’t always have to be this way. Try these delicious Tex-Mex-flavored chicken packets for a quick and easy alternative!
What You Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10oz) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15oz) can of navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn bits
- ½ cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- 1 tbsp Mexican Spice Blend (or more to taste!)
- 1 chopped green onion to top
- 4 tin-foil squares, about 18″ x 12″
How To Make It:
- Combine all ingredients, except the cheese and green onion, in a large bowl.
- Place ¼ of the mixture on each foil square, then fold up the tinfoil so that the mixture won’t leak when turning the packet over the fire.
- Place packets on a BBQ grill or the grate over a campfire and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the packets occasionally so that everything is cooked evenly.
- When the chicken has been cooked thoroughly, remove from the fire and cool slightly.
- Turn out the foil packets onto a plate, top with cheese and green onion.