https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Screen-Shot-2016-10-12-at-9.50.12-AM.png 695 1104 admin https://kamprite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/KAMP-RITE_LOGO-e1396507075207.png admin2016-10-12 09:52:422016-10-12 09:52:42Kampsite Recipe: Venison Stew
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound venison, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1, 28-ounce can roasted, diced tomatoes
- 16-ounces vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- In a Dutch oven over coals, or a camp stove, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the crispy bacon and crumble and set it aside.
- In the bacon fat, cook onion, celery, carrot and jalapeño. Stir often until fully cooked and set aside.
- Add venison to drippings and cook, stirring often, until browned.
- Add bacon and vegetables back to pot, stirring to combine.
- Add kidney beans, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, and broth until it is boiling.
- Set Dutch oven to the side of coals or turn down the stove top heat, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in flour and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.